Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dreams Do Come True

By Keora Brown

The man of God was staring me directly in the eyes. "God has promised to take care of you. He loves you. Everything you need, he will supply! Just continue to trust him." He prophesied.

Eleventh grade came and I knew that I wanted to go to college and I knew that I would need financial assistance. I heard about the Prime Time scholarship and I wanted it so much I began calling it "my scholarship."

In order to get this scholarship I had to pass five BGCSE's with a 'C' or better and score1000 or above on my SAT's. However although I knew what I had to do to get "my scholarship" it still wasn't easy to keep the faith that I would get it. Very soon, I became depressed and struggled just to keep my grade point average in the safety zone, a 3.5.

The tempest was raging within my heart. Satan seemed to be winning but just when I thought it was all over for me, Jesus stepped in. He put two very special persons in my life to help anchor me back into his hands, my parents. "Keora, have forgotten that you have the victory in Jesus?" my daddy questioned. I began to weep and repent before the Lord. I fell on my face and poured my heart unto Jesus.

I completed the Prime Time application. Ms. Yanover, President of the Prime Time Scholarship Foundation, took me to lunch and interviewed me. After the interview she handed me all the documents to sign. I could hardly believe it, I had the scholarship!

I give God all the glory! What he has promised, he is able also to perform.
God had answered my prayer. The Prime Time scholarship, a full scholarship, was the door he had opened for my college education, the very thing I had been praying for.

Sept/Nov 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment